Memory & Dementia Care
Often the mental demands of those struggling with Alzheimer's disease can take over the emotional needs of this population. But at Colonial Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center in West Columbia, SC we keep the emotional needs and feelings of your loved one at the very center of what we do.
Our exclusive Meaningful Moments® program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those residents with memory loss. We begin by learning the life story of each individual by finding out their preferences, likes, dislikes and cherished memories. By adding details and preferences from the residents' life stories into their day we can build comfort and a sense of meaning for each resident. The result is a familiar atmosphere for your loved one to enjoy.
Engaged in Daily Life
Our residents have access to a wide variety of amenities and programming options to help keep them active and engaged in daily life including arts and crafts classes, movie nights and many chances for family and holiday celebrations. Our Meaningful Moments® program, paired with our active and engaged staff members, Colonial Gardens Alzheimer's Special Care Center brings together the very best Alzheimer's care in West Columbia, SC.
Memory Care Services
- Pre-admission home visit and assessment
- Specially trained staff to assist with all aspects of car while maximizing and encouraging independence
- A fully supervised, success-oriented activities program
- Regularly scheduled social events with family involvement welcomed
- Three nutritious meals served daily, with snacks available throughout the day
- Supervised outings to nearby points of interest
- Furnished linens and routine housekeeping
- Comfortable, attractively decorated living rooms, activity rooms, and private conversation areas
- Cable TV and fireplace in living rooms
- Beautifully landscaped secured courtyard with walking areas
- Individualized service plans
- Electronically monitored security system
- TV and phone outlets in all resident rooms
- Support groups, educational programs and referral services